- You've Got Mail I just love Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks. The big, bad Fox Bookstore is out to shut down the small indie store, who puts up a battle to stay open.
- While You Were Sleeping My favorite Sandra Bullock movie. How can you not love it? She saves a guy from getting killed and suddenly finds herself with a new family who thinks she's the fiance.
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding A Greek girl falls in love with a non-Greek boy, and of course, chaos rules.
- Star Trek: Wrath of Khan Ricardo Montalban reprises his Khan character from the tv episode "Space Seed" and is out for revenge against Kirk. Of the original Star Trek movies, I think this is the best one.
- Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone We get to watch Harry as he discovers who he really is and plunges into the world of magic.
- Star Trek: First Contact The best of the Next Generation movies. Who doesn't love a battle with the Borg queen?
- The Nightmare Before Christmas Watching Jack discover Christmas is so cool!
- A Christmas Carol (version starring Patrick Stewart) This is just one of absolute favorite Christmas stories, and I just love the version with Patrick Stewart.
- The Princess Diaries A cute movie about a girl who finds out she's really a princess.
- The Postman It's a post-apocalyptic sci-fi movie about a drifter who finds the skeletal remains of a postman and puts on the uniform to keep warm, but ends up bringing hope to the survivors. I love the scene with Tom Petty at Bridge City.
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
My 10 Favorite Movies
Here are my 10 favorite movies, in no particular order: